Do you know basic trigonometry?
Basic trigonometry deals with basic concepts of triangles, their sides, their angles, and other basic trigonometric functions. Let us recall some of the basic trigonometry concepts:
- Sine= perpendicular/ hypotenuse
- Cos= base/ hypotenuse
- Tan= perpendicular/ base
The fascinating thing about the above-mentioned functions is that the moment you invert them, you get another trigonometric functions, as given below:
- Cosec= invert (sine)
- Sec=invert (cos)
- Cot=invert (tan
Want to know other trigonometric functions?
Some of other most commonly used trigonometric functionsare as given below:
- Cos (theta + 2 pi) = cos theta
- Sin (theta + 2 pi) = sin theta
- Sin (pi/2 – theta) = cos theta
- Cos (pi/2 – theta) = sin theta
- Sin^2 theta + Cos^2 theta = 1
- Sin (-theta) = – sin theta
- Cos (- theta) = cos theta
The above-mentioned functions will find many applications in your trigonometry problems time and again.
Keep tuning in trigonometry help to know more!